Step 1) Perception
In every situation, we must try:
- To be objective
- To control emotions
- To choose to see the good in a situation
- To steady our nerves
- To ignore what disturbs or limits others
- To place things in perspective
- To revert to the present moment
- To focus on what can be controlled
Step 2) Action
Greet your obstacles:
- With energy
- with persistence
- with a coherent and deliberate process
- with iteration and resilience
- with pragmatism
- with strategic vision
- with craftiness and savvy
- and an eye for opportunity
Step 3) Will
In every situation, we can
- Always prepare ourselves for more difficult times
- Always accept what we’re unable to change
- Always manage our expectations
- Always persevere
- Always learn to love our fate and what happens to us.
- Always protect our inner self, retreat into ourselves.
- Always submit to a greater, larger cause.
- Always remind ourselves of our own mortality
Get your copy of The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday
Did You Enjoy This?
Then consider joining the 1,000 other people getting new issues of Tam's Jam. You will get early access to my new essays and a collection of the best articles that I've found on living a more interesting and meaningful life.